Recipe of the day on MediaBlizz is Red velvet cake. It is a chocolate cake which is prepared as a layer cake.
Common ingredients for the preparation of Red Velvet Cake are butter, cocoa, beetroot or food coloring (red), buttermilk and flour for the cake.
It is so creamy, heavenly and fluffy. learn how to make this yummy and delicious cake.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 to 12
Buttermilk: 1 cup
Salt: 1 tsp
Flour: 5 tsp
White sugar:1 ½
Vanilla: 1 tsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Unsweetened cocoa powder: 2 tsp
Red food color: 2 ounces
White vinegar: 1 tsp
Vanilla: 1 tsp
Butter: 1 ½ cup
Milk: 1 cup
Flour: ½ cup
Sugar: 1 ½ cups
- Make a paste of Food coloring and cocoa.
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Grease bottoms and sides of 3, 8 or 10 inch round pan with flour.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat all ingredients at least 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the pans and smooth the top with a knife.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Refrigerate it , before frosting
Method for Frosting:
- Mix flour and milk in a saucepan until it gets smooth. Cook the mixture on medium heat until it gets thick.
- Cool this mixture for 10 minutes.
- Beat sugar, vanilla, and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until it gets mild. (Set aside to cool completely).
- Now mix it in the cooled milk and flour mixture, beat it until it gets smooth.
- Do frosting on top and sides.
- Refrigerate it , at least 10 minutes before serving.
Serve and Enjoy your yummy Red Velvet Cake 🙂